Resources for People who have been granted Leave to Remain in the UK


NWR Synagogue Alyth Gardens, off Finchley Rd,London NW11 7EL Last Sunday of every month 2-4pm Nearest tube: Golders Green (Northern line) – 5 minutes walk Buses: 82, 460, 102 (also 83, 183, 210, 240, 226, 260, 13, 328, 268 with 5 minutes walk) Info: Advice for anyone who has recently received leave to remain in the UK. Hot food. £5.00 travel per adult will be provided. English conversation. Help with children’s schoolwork. Please bring photo ID and your Leave to Remain documents. Children welcome. Call 07778 359680 for more information.

Refugee Council: advice for new refugees. 0207 346 1166

Accommodation and General Advice:

Migrant Help: 08088000630/1

Free helpline can help you apply for a national insurance number and
benefits. Also offer support and advice regarding accommodation (advice on home office accommodation or problems with accommodation).

Loans for Education and Work


Are you a refugee and do you want to return to your profession or trade in the UK?
A RefuAid: Equal Access Loan will help if you are struggling to pay for the cost of completing the licensing or training you need to return to work in your field in the UK.
The RefuAid: Equal Access Loan is a character-based, interest-free lending programme dedicated to helping refugees succeed in the UK.

Please note asylum-seekers are not eligible at this point in time.

The loan CANNOT be used for:

  • Postgraduate training
  • Masters degrees
  • Career advancement
  • New career training

Equal Access loans are character-based. Loans are approved on the strength of the applicant’s character and career development or learning plan.

  • We can lend to people with low income
  • British credit history is not required
  • Collateral is not required
  • Interest rate is zero.
  • Repayment terms are favourable and will depend on the length of your learning plan.

See for more information.


Job Centre Plus

Can help you apply for a Refugee Integration Loan. Go to the one nearest to where you are living or staying.